Saturday, August 21, 2010

Gbloodz ft. Super One


Any hip hop fans out there? Well here's a group you might be interested in. This group is called G-Bloodz and are known for their hit single, "Dai Mai Leum Gao" or "Have new, forget the old". The company that these guys are signed with is a new company by the name of Lao Pride Records, who also has the rock band Black Eyes. G-bloodz have actually already been out for a good while but I have not made a post about them yet. 


While listening to their debut single I stumbled upon a new song that they had just uploaded earlier this month. The track is called "Excercise", or "Taek" and features a solo artist called Super One. My first impression while first hearing this was, "Oh no...this is going to be terrible!".  Then after I got further into the song my thoughts started to change. This song is actually really catchy! Sounds like a club banger to me. I can just imagine this song being played at clubs in Laos. 


One thing I want to point out is the English lines in this. Can we say corny and awkward? "I feel so good when you move your body. I want you when you move shawty! I feel so good when you move your body!". If that wasn't bad enough they even had to add auto-tune with his voice! I have to give them props for the impressive Lao lyrics though. 




With all that aside, I actually really think this group has something going for them. I have not been able to stop listening to this new track! These guys sure can rap really fast. Can they compete with L.O.G? Judging from the songs they have released, they have the potential to make a name of their selves but it's still a bit early to compare them to a group that is considered the top hip-hop group of Laos.  

G-Bloodz ft.Super One
Excercise (Taek)


Dai Mai Leum Gao
Official MV (2010)


10 comments:

  1. ທັງສອງເພງມ່ວນແລະຄັກຫຼາຍເດີ້ເສັຽທີແຕ່ນັກຮ້ອງແລະນັກສະແດງຢູ່ໃນວິດີໂອມີບໍ່ມີຜູ້ໃດງາມຫຼືເຈົ້າຊູ້ແລະທັງເຕ້ມເຊ້ມອີ່ກມັນເຮັດໃຫ້ເສັຽລີກີຂອງເພງຖ້າຜູ້ກຳກັບວິດີໂອ້ເອົາກັນໄປດັດໄປແຕ່ງອາດຈະພາໃຫ້ພວກ
    ນັກຮ້ອງແລະນັກສະແດງງາມແລະເຈົ້າຊູ້ພໍເປັນຕາເບິ່ງກ່ວານີ້ໂດຍສຳເພາະຄີ້ວຂອງຜູ້ຮ້ອງເພງຮັ້ນນ່າຄວນຈະກຽນຫຼືລົກອ່ອກຈັກຫນ້ອຍແດ່ກະບໍ່ມັນເບິ່ງເປັນຕາຫນ້າກ່ຽດໂພ້ດ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANM!!!you guys so so cool!!!!!!!

    it's so awesome ...

    you guys got talent ..

    keep going!!!!!

    great job ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these the Lao version of Alvin and the chipmunks!? I just can't take this group seriously, the clothes the annoying rapping and not to mention the awful choice in naming themselves "G Bloodz". Really, G Bloodz!? If you don't mind, Laopop4u, could you find out how they came about in choosing their group name. When I think of G Bloodz the words that come to mind are - wannabe gangsters and trying too hard.

    -D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these the Lao version of Alvin and the chipmunks!? I just can't take this group seriously, the clothes the annoying rapping and not to mention the awful choice in naming themselves "G Bloodz". Really, G Bloodz!? If you don't mind, Laopop4u, could you find out how they came about in choosing their group name. When I think of G Bloodz the words that come to mind are - wannabe gangsters and trying too hard.

    -D
    ________________________________________________

    WOW! there's nothing else can be any clearer than this,you shot it right in between the bull's eyes..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeT8egaVGho

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUv7EsavBJA

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey this is the response to the guy up there saying " lao version of Alvin " something blah blah . that doubted at us G-bloodz
    G stand for genius
    Bloodz is Blood

    or something in lao like " dek sa rad par sart ja lern "
    thats the meaning of g-bloodz in Lao !!!

    and we ain't no thug or gangstas if u wonder .

    peace out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry about the bad comment. You guys are a good group! Your music is good. ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  9. G-bloodz is just a name just like anything out there and for what it stands for you guys are talented so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MC Loco, thank you for clearing that up for me. I will admit perhaps, I was a bit too harsh with my earlier comment but I meant everything I said. I’m not one to give complements for the sake of giving complements. I do not feel because I’m Lao I need to or should be nice by giving complements in support of the development of Lao music even if that particular group/artist is terrible.

    If you, for lack of a better word, suck then I will let you know. I appreciate you actually coming on to this site and leaving a comment, it shows that you care and that you do listen to what fans and non fans say about you. I know you’ll keep on trucking along and hopefully you’ll improve. “We ain't no thug or gangstas if u wonder”, I’ll take your word for it even if I feel your group name says otherwise.

    Thanks again for your reply, :)

    -D

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments clean! No swearing is allowed. Keep all comments on topic! Do not put politics into the conversation.

Thank you.